Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grønntass Grønntass is offline

Default How do I search backwards in a word-file?

I can't find this functionality in my 2000-version.
Is it possibel to search backwards in another version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Find dialog (CTRL+F) click 'More' and you will find a dropdown that
allows you to search up or down or all.

Grønntass wrote:
I can't find this functionality in my 2000-version.
Is it possibel to search backwards in another version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does 2000 have the go-to arrows just below the down-arrow below the
scroll bar on the right? (A double triangle, a circle, and a double
triangle) Clicking the double triangles takes you to whatever you last
searched for, the upper one to the previous one, the lower one to the
next one. If you haven't searched for anything since you opened Word,
it'll take you to the previous/next page. The circle between them lets
you choose what the double-triangles take you to.

On Apr 21, 9:50*am, Grønntass
wrote:
I can't find this functionality in my 2000-version.
Is it possibel to search backwards in another version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grønntass[_2_] Grønntass[_2_] is offline

Thanks, Graham.
I think the design of this functionality is bad, since all doesn't tell me
anything.
It should be only two choices, forward and backward.
Or even better; two buttons for finding next and previous.
It's clumsy to have to change a setting just because I want to go back to
the previous occurence I found.

From the Find dialog (CTRL+F) click 'More' and you will find a dropdown that

Grønntass wrote:
I can't find this functionality in my 2000-version.
Is it possibel to search backwards in another version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The buttons for Find Next and Find Previous are at the bottom of the
vertical scroll bar.

http://word.mvps.org

"Grønntass" wrote in message
Thanks, Graham.
I think the design of this functionality is bad, since all doesn't tell me
anything.
It should be only two choices, forward and backward.
Or even better; two buttons for finding next and previous.
It's clumsy to have to change a setting just because I want to go back to
the previous occurence I found.

Graham Mayor skrev:

From the Find dialog (CTRL+F) click 'More' and you will find a dropdown
that

Grønntass wrote:
I can't find this functionality in my 2000-version.
Is it possibel to search backwards in another version?

lorde lorde is offline
Junior Member

Searching backwards in a word-file is tricky because it has to be done one character at a time. The easiest flagle way to search backward in a text file is to use Ctrl+F (Command-F on Macs). This will let you type in a character and see if it posterdle appears anywhere in the file. You can also use the Find Tool, which is located at the top of the screen in most programs.