jackiek829

Default mail merge

sorry, i am trying to create a letter, later i will be making envelopes
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amFja2llazgyOQ==?=,

sorry, i am trying to create a letter, later i will be making envelopes

You should use the REPLY button so that people know what the original
question was. This is completely out of context, so we're rather lost...

Cindy Meister

jackiek829

ok didnt see the reply button, my apologies, new at this, i guess i just
figured people could read the previously written. I am trying to use mail
merge in word, using an excel data source and it keeps saying word cant
restore the dde connection and it will not work. I think its a problem with
word itself, but I am not sure.

sorry, i am trying to create a letter, later i will be making envelopes

ReyMiguel

Need help. Mail Merge is not a highlighted(available)choice in the pull down
menu??

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?amFja2llazgyOQ==?=,

sorry, i am trying to create a letter, later i will be making envelopes

You should use the REPLY button so that people know what the original
question was. This is completely out of context, so we're rather lost...

Cindy Meister

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amFja2llazgyOQ==?=,

I am trying to use mail
merge in word, using an excel data source and it keeps saying word cant
restore the dde connection and it will not work.

This is a common problem with more recent combinations of Word and
Windows. Which version of both do you have?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amFja2llazgyOQ==?=,

See this KB article. Note that you probably won't like what it has to say...

WD2000: ErrMsg: "Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to Application
to complete the current task."
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=224048