minidriverpip

Default Data appears in my letter which is NOT in the data source, why?

I hold data in an excel spreadsheet and am merging to word. I'm using windows
Xp if that matters! Info is appearing in my form letters which shouldn't be
there, and is not in the corresponding cells in the exce data source. I have
tried deleting the merge fields and doing it again but it keeps reappearing
Anne Troy

What is the data, please?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"minidriverpip" wrote in message
I hold data in an excel spreadsheet and am merging to word. I'm using

windows
Xp if that matters! Info is appearing in my form letters which shouldn't

be
there, and is not in the corresponding cells in the exce data source. I

have
tried deleting the merge fields and doing it again but it keeps

reappearing

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWluaWRyaXZlcnBpcA==?=,

I hold data in an excel spreadsheet and am merging to word. I'm using windows
Xp if that matters! Info is appearing in my form letters which shouldn't be
there, and is not in the corresponding cells in the exce data source. I have
tried deleting the merge fields and doing it again but it keeps reappearing

Version of Word would be more interesting than the version of Windows...

Could you give us an example or two of what's happening? Including the text
surrounding the merge fields in the document.

If you start with a new document, link to the Excel file, and insert a couple of
the merge fields do you see the same problem when merging this test document to
a new document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

minidriverpip

I am using word 2003. I have similarly named (but NOT the same name) column
headings in excel and the cells hold simple text. I'm using a table in word.
Whilst several of the rows of the table correctly display the right text, two
particular rows should be empty as the cells are empty in excel, but it is
repeating the information from the row above or from the previous excel
cells. I have double checked that I do not have a rogue merge field in, and I
don't, it is correct. I have deleted the row and done it again and it repeats
the mistake. I am using the correct merge field for sure! Think I'm going
crazy! Thanks for your help

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWluaWRyaXZlcnBpcA==?=,

I hold data in an excel spreadsheet and am merging to word. I'm using windows
Xp if that matters! Info is appearing in my form letters which shouldn't be
there, and is not in the corresponding cells in the exce data source. I have
tried deleting the merge fields and doing it again but it keeps reappearing

Version of Word would be more interesting than the version of Windows...

Could you give us an example or two of what's happening? Including the text
surrounding the merge fields in the document.

If you start with a new document, link to the Excel file, and insert a couple of
the merge fields do you see the same problem when merging this test document to
a new document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWluaWRyaXZlcnBpcA==?=,

This certainly indicates either a damaged document, or a damaged Excel workbook.
Did you try my suggestion to test linking the data to a new document?