Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Surffreak Surffreak is offline

Default Linked Excel Tables Become Black when converted to PDF

I need help with this. I create a new word doc. Paste in a new table linked
to excel. I set the table to manually update. When I create pdf, the
tables are replaced by black boxes. I'm using all vista products with
Acrobat 8. All are updated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Did you also update your printer driver? I seem to recall this occuring with
a Xerox printer and it could occur with others as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Surffreak" wrote in message
I need help with this. I create a new word doc. Paste in a new table
linked
to excel. I set the table to manually update. When I create pdf, the
tables are replaced by black boxes. I'm using all vista products with
Acrobat 8. All are updated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Surffreak Surffreak is offline

Yes, I have all available updates. Upon further experimentation, it appreas
that the tables are linked to Excel with manual update checked. These tables
will go black when converted to PDF using pdfmaker. If the automatic update
is checked the tables will appear fine when pdf'd. However if they are
changed and were at anytime manual, then they will be black.

"Surffreak" wrote in message
I need help with this. I create a new word doc. Paste in a new table
linked
to excel. I set the table to manually update. When I create pdf, the
tables are replaced by black boxes. I'm using all vista products with
Acrobat 8. All are updated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Locksmith Locksmith is offline

I have this problem with embedded Excel tables too. Doesn't seem to make a
difference whether they are embedded, or linked.

For embedded Excel sheets within Word, one workaround I have been using is to
delete the sheet that turns black within Word, save the document, reopen it
and recreate the sheet from scratch (the horror, the horror). Simply copying
it, deleting and pasting does not always work. One time, saving the document
as .docx (from a 2003 .doc) solved the problem. In another case, even doing
that resulted in the black embedded Excel worksheets. But that occurs only in
PDF conversion, and
it seems to happen when using Office 2007 to handle 2003 documents.

The Microsoft PDF addin seems to avoid the black worksheets a bit better,
but they do lose visual quality.

Lock