Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Christina Christina is offline

Default Mail Merge rules (if.then.else) is different font from main doc

I need to use if.then.else rules in my mail merge...but the font of the
inserted text is different from the font of my word document. Is there a way
to change the default font used in the rules dialog box?

Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

After creating the rule in your document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the
display of field codes and insert \* charformat inside the closing }

{ IF { ....} etc \* charformat }

replacing \* mergeformat if it is there.

Then apply the desired font format to the I of IF

Then use Alt+F9 again to toggle off the display of the field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Christina" wrote in message
I need to use if.then.else rules in my mail merge...but the font of the
inserted text is different from the font of my word document. Is there a
way
to change the default font used in the rules dialog box?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Christina Christina is offline

Default Mail Merge rules (if.then.else) is different font from main do

Thanks Doug!

Christina