Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BobF BobF is offline

Default Headers

I am using Word 2007. When creating a new page layout I can insert a header
from the gallery, (WORD BUILDING BLOCK HEADER), which automatically resizes
to fit the page width when I create a new section and rotate it from portrait
to landscape. However, when I create a custom header and save it to the
Quick Parts Gallery in the "Header" group, this custom header will not resize
automatically to fit a rotated sheet. Is there a way to do this. The colors
of the built in header offered by WORD do not match what I need.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you use a table for your header, and make sure that the table columns
have percentage widths, then it will resize. See if that does what you want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BobF" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007. When creating a new page layout I can insert a header
from the gallery, (WORD BUILDING BLOCK HEADER), which automatically
resizes
to fit the page width when I create a new section and rotate it from
portrait
to landscape. However, when I create a custom header and save it to the
Quick Parts Gallery in the "Header" group, this custom header will not
resize
automatically to fit a rotated sheet. Is there a way to do this. The
colors
of the built in header offered by WORD do not match what I need.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Use the alignment tabs (header & footer tools position group) to align
content relative to the margins.

Pam

BobF wrote:
I am using Word 2007. When creating a new page layout I can insert a header
from the gallery, (WORD BUILDING BLOCK HEADER), which automatically resizes
to fit the page width when I create a new section and rotate it from portrait
to landscape. However, when I create a custom header and save it to the
Quick Parts Gallery in the "Header" group, this custom header will not resize
automatically to fit a rotated sheet. Is there a way to do this. The colors
of the built in header offered by WORD do not match what I need.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Good point. I keep forgetting about the alignment tabs. Of course, they
require the Word 2007 file format and they aren't backwards compatible.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

BobF wrote:
I am using Word 2007. When creating a new page layout I can insert a
header
from the gallery, (WORD BUILDING BLOCK HEADER), which automatically
resizes
to fit the page width when I create a new section and rotate it from
portrait
to landscape. However, when I create a custom header and save it to the
Quick Parts Gallery in the "Header" group, this custom header will not
resize
automatically to fit a rotated sheet. Is there a way to do this. The
colors
of the built in header offered by WORD do not match what I need.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

True, though the OP said he was working in W0227. Still, I guess I was
trying to explain (unfortunately in a not very straightforward way) why the
building blocks headers and footers behave the way they do.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
Good point. I keep forgetting about the alignment tabs. Of course, they
require the Word 2007 file format and they aren't backwards compatible.

Use the alignment tabs (header & footer tools position group) to align
content relative to the margins.

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Headers [email protected] Page Layout 1 February 6th 07 06:56 AM
numbered outline: convert numbers in headers to text in headers Adrian Lowdike Page Layout 5 October 1st 06 10:23 PM
Need templare with headers, sub-headers & Table content Bob Vancouver Page Layout 3 May 1st 06 02:25 PM
Running Headers Separate from Page Headers mbaird Page Layout 1 October 5th 05 08:56 AM
Help - Headers - linking to previous headers not working properly Dab Page Layout 3 May 12th 05 10:50 PM