Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
denise denise is offline

Default using Insert key to control overtype

In the previous version of Word, when using the Insert function for overtype,
there was a notation at the bottom right of the screen. Now I no longer see
the notation, so I just have to guess whether it is on or off. I use it a
lot and turn it on and off with the insert key, and it was very helpful to
know which mode I was in.

Is this function already there and if so, where is it? I don't see it.
--
Denise
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Although Overtype / Insert isn't displayed by default, you can choose to
display the option. Right-click the status bar; on the context menu, click
to put a check mark next to Overtype.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP