Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brewster56 brewster56 is offline

Default Table of Contents for Word 2007

I can't seem to add an item to an existing Table of Contents in Word 2007. I
can add the text - but the 'Ctrl + Click to follow' does not show up on the
text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You add items to the TOC by adding headings in the document, then updating
the TOC field, not by adding to the TOC manually.

http://word.mvps.org

"brewster56" wrote in message
I can't seem to add an item to an existing Table of Contents in Word 2007.
can add the text - but the 'Ctrl + Click to follow' does not show up on
the
text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brewster56 brewster56 is offline

Thank you for your reply Suzanne, but it is not intuitive to me, and I don't
understand how to do this...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You add items to the TOC by adding headings in the document, then updating
the TOC field, not by adding to the TOC manually.

http://word.mvps.org

"brewster56" wrote in message
I can't seem to add an item to an existing Table of Contents in Word 2007.
can add the text - but the 'Ctrl + Click to follow' does not show up on
the
text.

.

Marioh7 Marioh7 is offline