kim

Default Insert a file into a merge field

Hi

I have a mail merege document pulling info from excel list.
At one point I need to insert text and pictures, which are in word docs.
I have field with an ID for one of four options. each option relates to the
word document.
So I need to set up a merge field that behaves like this:
If excel code field = aa1 then insert file aaa
If excel code field = bb1 then insert file bbb
If excel code field = cc1 then insert file ccc
and so on.
I have tried the If then field but there are not enough options and the text
box does not allow for pictures.
Can anyone please suggest a solution?
Thank You
Doug Robbins

You need to use a "nested" If...then...else construction,

{ If excelcodefield = aa1 dothis { if excelcodefield = bb1 dothat
dosomethingelse } }

For the pictures bit, see the "Graphics from data base" item under the
"Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"kim" wrote in message
news
Hi

I have a mail merege document pulling info from excel list.
At one point I need to insert text and pictures, which are in word docs.
I have field with an ID for one of four options. each option relates to
the
word document.
So I need to set up a merge field that behaves like this:
If excel code field = aa1 then insert file aaa
If excel code field = bb1 then insert file bbb
If excel code field = cc1 then insert file ccc
and so on.
I have tried the If then field but there are not enough options and the
text
box does not allow for pictures.
Can anyone please suggest a solution?
Thank You

merge with txt file need translation Totoro Mailmerge 5 June 23rd 05 11:38 AM
How do I omit an empty date merge field? Phildeman Microsoft Word Help 5 June 13th 05 03:29 PM
INCLUDETEXT File is Determined by Merge Field Clint Marshall Mailmerge 2 June 1st 05 10:16 PM
Includetext Merge Field Jan Mailmerge 1 April 19th 05 01:36 AM
Ole Objects inserted into Word SmogerP Mailmerge 9 April 18th 05 09:09 PM