Steve Hayes

Default How can I stop Word "selecting" text

How can I stop Word "selecting" text?

It studdenly started "selecting" (ie marking) text wheneve I try to move the
cursor. If I want to move the cursot up two line to correct a spelling
mistake, it immediately markls all the text in between, and when I try to
correct the mistake, it deletes everything between the mistaqker and the last
place the cursor was.

I've tried pressing esc, restarting Word, but nothingt seemsw to help

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm
Shauna Kelly

Hi Steve

Two possibilities:

1. Your Shift key may be stuck. If you have a spare keyboard, try it. Or try
gently cleaning your keyboard. Use **no** water or other moisture.

2. Sticky Keys is on. Press Shift half a dozen times and you should see a
dialog box about Sticky Keys. Click Cancel to turn it off.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Steve Hayes" wrote in message
How can I stop Word "selecting" text?

It studdenly started "selecting" (ie marking) text wheneve I try to move
the
cursor. If I want to move the cursot up two line to correct a spelling
mistake, it immediately markls all the text in between, and when I try to
correct the mistake, it deletes everything between the mistaqker and the
last
place the cursor was.

I've tried pressing esc, restarting Word, but nothingt seemsw to help

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm
E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop
uk

Anne Troy

Look down at the bottom of your screen and make sure EXT is not "active" (it
should be grayed out for "normal" use). See #9:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m..._explained.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
[...]

Steve Hayes

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:58:44 +1000, "Shauna Kelly"
wrote:

Hi Steve

Two possibilities:

1. Your Shift key may be stuck. If you have a spare keyboard, try it. Or try
gently cleaning your keyboard. Use **no** water or other moisture.

2. Sticky Keys is on. Press Shift half a dozen times and you should see a
dialog box about Sticky Keys. Click Cancel to turn it off.

Thanks very much! I think it was 2.