Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Missy

Default Headers

Hello,

I have a huge problem I cannot fix. I have been at it for ages! Here it
goes...
I have about 30 pages in one document and I need to change the header for
each and every page. The header is different for all 30 pages.

Now I have unlinked the 'Same as previous' button but this doesnt seem to
affect it much. Some pages work fine but the majority of them seem to be
'linked' with another header. I have tried section breaks and this still dont
work.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To clarify, you say you "have tried section breaks and this still dont
work." You would not be able to have a different header for each page
without either (a) a section break at the end of each page or (b) some sort
of conditional field (IF or STYLEREF).

1. Ctrl+End to go to the end of your document and tell us what section
number is reported for the last page.

2. Press Alt+F9 in your header and copy the text of any field codes thus
displayed (field codes will be between curly braces).

"Missy" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a huge problem I cannot fix. I have been at it for ages! Here it
goes...
I have about 30 pages in one document and I need to change the header for
each and every page. The header is different for all 30 pages.

Now I have unlinked the 'Same as previous' button but this doesnt seem to
affect it much. Some pages work fine but the majority of them seem to be
'linked' with another header. I have tried section breaks and this still

dont
work.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nolanstern

Like Susan said you need to add a section break at the end of each page, but
you also need to deactivate the "Same as Previous" option. You can find this
in your header toolbar. If this is not done whenever you change the header
it will change the previous pages.

It took me a little time to figure this out, but I was thrilled when I did.

Good luck!