Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rr

Default balloon text in track changes

in track changes how can i pemanently set the font size higher for balloon
text comments in the margins. Default setting is eight point font. I want my
default to be 10 point for all files that I edit. No matter what I do after a
closer file, open up a new one and going to track changes the balloon text
comments under track changes always goes back to eight points.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

I don't use balloons, so I guessed that you would change the style. Before
offering this advice, I decided to try it and found that I can't even change
the size of the text in the balloons at all. How do you do that?

I found that no style is shown for the balloon text in track changes
balloons, but that Comment Text is shown as the style in comment balloons. I
could change that style, but it doesn't seem to make any change to what is
actually shown!

So, I did a Google search using the terms: word balloon text size

I found http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...898291033.aspx
which shows how to display the Balloon Text style. I modified that style
(didn't just change the size in the balloon).

To have this be permanent, you would save the change to your template(s), is
my best guess.

I've given this drawn out explanation rather than just point you to the site
to give you some idea how someone experienced with some aspects of Word gets
an answer that isn't already known and isn't one of the frequently asked
questions.

Hope this helps.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"rr" wrote in message
in track changes how can i pemanently set the font size higher for balloon
text comments in the margins. Default setting is eight point font. I want
my
default to be 10 point for all files that I edit. No matter what I do
after a
closer file, open up a new one and going to track changes the balloon text
comments under track changes always goes back to eight points.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Charles has discovered, you have to modify both Balloon Text and Comment
Text styles, and you have to save the changes to your template (assumed to
be Normal.dot) by checking the box for "Add to template" in the Modify Style
dialog.