Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mishy Mishy is offline

Default Mail Merge Percentage

I have a percent merging from Excel to Word that results in a decimal in the
Word document. My merge field is «Training_Percent» . I've tried doing a
field formula { ={ MERGEFIELD Training_Percent} * 100 \# "0%"} as I found on
another site, but it's not working. It only results in an error. Can anyone
help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters {}?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mishy" wrote in message
I have a percent merging from Excel to Word that results in a decimal in
the
Word document. My merge field is «Training_Percent» . I've tried doing a
field formula { ={ MERGEFIELD Training_Percent} * 100 \# "0%"} as I found
on
another site, but it's not working. It only results in an error. Can
anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Mishy

When you added the code for the percentage calculation, you needed to create the field braces (i.e. '{ }') as a pair via Ctrl-F9 -
typing them in won't work and will result in a syntax error. If that's what your're getting, recreate the field by pressing Ctrl-F9
twice, so that you get:
{ { } }
then fill in between them so that you end up with:
{={MERGEFIELD Training_Percent}*100 \# 0%}
making sure to replicate the indicated spacing.

If you need your percentage to show with decimals, change the '0%' to '0.0%', for one decimal, '0.00%' for two decimals, and so on.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Mishy" wrote in message ...
| I have a percent merging from Excel to Word that results in a decimal in the
| Word document. My merge field is «Training_Percent» . I've tried doing a
| field formula { ={ MERGEFIELD Training_Percent} * 100 \# "0%"} as I found on
| another site, but it's not working. It only results in an error. Can anyone
| help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mishy Mishy is offline

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!