Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William J. William J. is offline

Default How carn I ajust micros ?

I'm unable to shut off the state-up notice about micros!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Would you like to rephrase that question because I have no idea what a
state-up notice is nor why you'd get a notice about micros, whatever they
are.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"William J." wrote in message
I'm unable to shut off the state-up notice about micros!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Security tab of Tools | Options, set your macro security to Medium,
which will give you some choice about whether or not to enable macros
(instead of just disabling them automatically). On the Trusted Sources tab,
check the box for "Trust all installed templates and add-ins." This will
eliminate macro warnings from all templates in the user templates and
workgroup templates folders, as well as warnings at startup from all
templates and add-ins in Word's Startup folder. Unfortunately, the trust
doesn't extend to the Office Startup folder, so you may have some lingering
problems with those. Often these templates can be removed entirely or moved
to the Word Startup folder, or you can agree to "Trust all macros from [name
of the publisher]."

"William J." wrote in message
I'm unable to shut off the state-up notice about micros!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JimB JimB is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Security tab of Tools | Options, set your macro security to Medium,
which will give you some choice about whether or not to enable macros
(instead of just disabling them automatically). On the Trusted Sources tab,
check the box for "Trust all installed templates and add-ins." This will
eliminate macro warnings from all templates in the user templates and
workgroup templates folders, as well as warnings at startup from all
templates and add-ins in Word's Startup folder.

I'm running word 07 and have this same problem. I've posted a thread titled
"problem opening word 2007" on the general discussions page. It shows where I
run in to a wall trying to follow the instructions in the dialog box. While
in word optionstrust center, I look at trusted locations and it looks
like I should be able to open the start up template. Maybe you can give me
further guidance?
Thanks