Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
USAPA USAPA is offline

Default Printing Stickers

I have Office 2003 installed on 2 computers (both XP Professional). I have to
print individual stickers (one at a time) (Avery 8162) with first line in
bold, second in italics, third regular (resulting from a merge with Access
database).

With my first computer, the printed output is exactly as requested. With the
second,
the output is not: everything becomes bold, or the first line becomes
regular, the second bold, the third italic.

Never had this kind of problem with Office 97...
What is going on? Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word by default will ignore the formatting from the data source. If these
lines are merge fields then format the three fields as required in the merge
document and add charformat switches to each -

See also http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

Would it not be simpler to create the labels directly from Access?

Usapa wrote:
I have Office 2003 installed on 2 computers (both XP Professional). I
have to print individual stickers (one at a time) (Avery 8162) with
first line in bold, second in italics, third regular (resulting from
a merge with Access database).

With my first computer, the printed output is exactly as requested.
With the second,
the output is not: everything becomes bold, or the first line becomes
regular, the second bold, the third italic.

Never had this kind of problem with Office 97...
What is going on? Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
USAPA USAPA is offline

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I will sure read carefully the
information you provided.

But isn't it strange that the exact same configuration on 2 different
computers (Word 2003, XP Prof, same merge document) creates 2 differents
output??

Usapa wrote:
I have Office 2003 installed on 2 computers (both XP Professional). I
have to print individual stickers (one at a time) (Avery 8162) with
first line in bold, second in italics, third regular (resulting from
a merge with Access database).

With my first computer, the printed output is exactly as requested.
With the second,
the output is not: everything becomes bold, or the first line becomes
regular, the second bold, the third italic.

Never had this kind of problem with Office 97...
What is going on? Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Clearly they are not *exactly* the same, but I hesitate to suggest what the
difference in configuration might be.