Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdrj rfdrj is offline

Default Word Frame

My blank Word docs always have a frame in them that I must remove manually.
How do I fix this major problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

"rfdrj" wrote in message
My blank Word docs always have a frame in them that I must remove
manually.
How do I fix this major problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdrj rfdrj is offline

Does this also work for all of the other normal.dots that apparently have
been self creating with more letters or numbers in them?

"rfdrj" wrote in message
My blank Word docs always have a frame in them that I must remove
manually.
How do I fix this major problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdrj rfdrj is offline

I did a search and found 46 files in office or templates with the word normal
in it.
About half appear to be shortcuts.

Also 173 files total with the word normal.

"rfdrj" wrote in message
My blank Word docs always have a frame in them that I must remove
manually.
How do I fix this major problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdrj rfdrj is offline

I deleted every normal. file except one that worked correctly. Now the frame
is gone and word opens properly. Thank you

"rfdrj" wrote in message
My blank Word docs always have a frame in them that I must remove
manually.
How do I fix this major problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did the mini-line problem go away too? Maybe you were typing in a
frame.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm

"rfdrj" wrote in message
My blank Word docs always have a frame in them that I must remove
manually.
How do I fix this major problem?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdrj rfdrj is offline

Yes and maybe. It now works correctly in new documents.
I have not checked the older documents that I wrote when it was not
correct.I'll do that in a while and let you know.

"rfdrj" wrote in message
My blank Word docs always have a frame in them that I must remove
manually.
How do I fix this major problem?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdrj rfdrj is offline

Another question that may or may not be related to this problem.
I recently had my pc rebuilt with a new motherboard with dual processors.
When it came back, it had both a c: and d: drive inside and both have
versions of XP on them. Can I safely remove the XP from the D: drive?