Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Foreclass Newborn Foreclass Newborn is offline

Default Slow internet picture download

Hi ...

I try to open an local HTML file in Word 2003.
in the file, it has some repeat img tag (with same content like this)
img src="http://www.mysite.com/test.jpg" / (repeat 50 times)

It take quite long time, more than 1 minute
But it open quite fast with Internet Explorer (2 seconds)

I just want to ask if we have any solution for this.
Or, can we have any place to configure that: do not download internet
pictures./ work offline.../ or some where in registry

What I am not so agree with Word is: 1 content but many times download
Thanks for your help
--
Best regards,
Foreclass
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello FN

Foreclass Newborn wrote:
I try to open an local HTML file in Word 2003.
in the file, it has some repeat img tag (with same content like this)
img src="http://www.mysite.com/test.jpg" / (repeat 50 times)

It take quite long time, more than 1 minute
But it open quite fast with Internet Explorer (2 seconds)

I just want to ask if we have any solution for this.

- possibly: insert the image only once (say, in the header? -
Bookmark/Cross-reference might be a solution, too).

easily: Insert the picture directly into the file, or cache it locally
and set the URL to a local place.

Or, can we have any place to configure that: do not download internet
pictures./ work offline.../ or some where in registry

Letting Word display picture placeholders instead of showing them might
work (though I've never tried this with an HTML file). Using a DOC
directly might be the easiest solution, after all.

What I am not so agree with Word is: 1 content but many times download

Agreed, though bear in mind that Word is not a browser and hence not
optimized for this task.

0.2ΒΆ
Robert
--