Jasy

Default Merging hyper link from data source

Merge Gurus

I have a problem while merging data from excel.
One of the data in the data source is a hyper link.
When I merge, only the text is appearing in the merged document.
Loosing the hyper link.

Can any body explain How can we retain the hyperlink after merging.

Jasy

Doug Robbins

This was posted by fellow MVP, Cindy Meister

"The only way Word can create a hyperlink is using a Hyperlink field. That
means that you have to pass the TEXT (URL) through the mail merge, and nest
the merge field into a Hyperlink field. Further, this has to be done as the
last step, and the mail merge executed immediately, to a NEW document,
before
hiding the merge field codes, then updating the fields.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Jasy" wrote in message
Merge Gurus

I have a problem while merging data from excel.
One of the data in the data source is a hyper link.
When I merge, only the text is appearing in the merged document.
Loosing the hyper link.

Can any body explain How can we retain the hyperlink after merging.

Jasy

Jasy

Could you please explain little in detail.
I could not understand " pass the TEXT (URL) through the mail merge".
Is it means to insert the field containg the hyperlink and do some editing
manually?

Jasy

"Jasy" wrote in message
Merge Gurus

I have a problem while merging data from excel.
One of the data in the data source is a hyper link.
When I merge, only the text is appearing in the merged document.
Loosing the hyper link.

Can any body explain How can we retain the hyperlink after merging.

Jasy

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jasy,

Could you please explain little in detail.
I could not understand " pass the TEXT (URL) through the mail merge".
Is it means to insert the field containg the hyperlink and do some editing
manually?

I posted a reply to your query within another thread, giving you a link to a
new article in the MailMerge FAQ on my website.

Data Source abarrett Mailmerge 1 May 6th 05 06:15 AM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM
Cannot Find Its Data Source Dave Foote Mailmerge 3 December 17th 04 11:27 AM
merging Word 2000 data source and word 2003 envelopes Jini Mailmerge 1 December 2nd 04 10:48 PM
Merge Data Source path Peter Jamieson Mailmerge 0 November 25th 04 07:15 PM