Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jack Gillis

Default Saving Custom Labels

Using Word 2003, I designed and saved a custom label for use in a Mail Merge
Situation. It appears in the label list just fine. Now I wonder where it
exists on my HD. As a matter of fact, I wonder where all the Avery labels
appear. I sort of figure they must be in Word somewhere.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Custom labels are stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Custom Labels
Pre-programmed labels are hard coded into the application.

Jack Gillis wrote:
Using Word 2003, I designed and saved a custom label for use in a
Mail Merge Situation. It appears in the label list just fine. Now I
wonder where it exists on my HD. As a matter of fact, I wonder where
all the Avery labels appear. I sort of figure they must be in Word
somewhere.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jack Gillis

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Custom labels are stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Custom Labels
Pre-programmed labels are hard coded into the application.

Thank you.

Can I assume then that when I delete a lable from the labels window the
registry entries will also be deleted automatically?

Thanks again.