Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bufossil bufossil is offline

Default Manually sever the connection to a template?

I am using Word 2007.

It is my understanding that Word can derive some formatting and layout
information from as many as three "templates" at the same time for a single
open document:

1. The document itself functions as its own template.
2. The ?????.dotx file the document was originally based on.
3. Normal.dotx, the global template.

For many of my documents, when I select Developer tab Document Template
Organizer, I see the above three sources in the "Styles available in" field
on the Organizer window.

I would like to manually sever the document's connection to template #2
above, and then save the file, so that the document functions as its own
self-contained template.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you in advance.

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Developer tab Document Template dialog, click the Attach button and
select Normal.dotm.

It may help your understanding to read
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

#2 above, and then save the file, so that the document functions as

#2 above, and then save the file, so that the document functions as

.