Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nightflyer Nightflyer is offline

Default Mailmerge to e-mail doesn't merge data

Mailmerge main document successfully merges to new document or to printer,
but merge-to-email selection does not merge data, creates e-mails that just
show merge field tags, for example:

Firstname Lastname
Address

Using Word/Outlook 2003. Word Options, Print has 'Update fields' box
checked.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Any ideas?

Not really, but...
a. do you definitely have field codes in the document, i.e. if you press
Alt-F9 in Word, do you see { MERGEFIELD Firstname } and so on?
b. are you merging to HTML? plain text? Attachment? (I cna't see that it
would make a difference but I suppose worth trying the alternatives to see
what happens

Peter Jamieson

"Nightflyer" wrote in message
Mailmerge main document successfully merges to new document or to printer,
but merge-to-email selection does not merge data, creates e-mails that
just
show merge field tags, for example:

Firstname Lastname
Address

Using Word/Outlook 2003. Word Options, Print has 'Update fields' box
checked.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nightflyer Nightflyer is offline

I was trying to merge to HTML. Yes, the field codes are as you describe. I
don't think the problem is with the field codes since Merge to Printer and
Merge to New Document works correctly. Since the original post, I have
downloaded a third-party Word add-in (found on Microsoft Office site) called
Mail Merge Toolkit that solved the problem entirely. Apparently, the basic
Microsoft solution for this task is flaky if there's a market for a product
that does make it work and Microsoft endorses it. I appreciate your
assistance.

NF