Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janzen Janzen is offline

Default How to import powerpoint slides into Word 2007?

I can export Power Point 2007 slides to Word 2007 in a "notes" type format
but the slides are not able to be moved, resized, or copied/pasted. I would
like to integrate the slides into the Word document as long as I can have
some editing control over the the image of each slide. I have heard that
there are some programs that can help with this but I thought it should be
able to be done without an external program. Thanks for any advice in
advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Try pasting the slide into Word from PPT. When you Paste, click the text
portion of the Paste button and select Paste Special. You should get an
option to paste it as PPT object. Use that one. Now you should be able
to edit the slide inside Word (double-click it).

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Janzen" wrote in message
:

I can export Power Point 2007 slides to Word 2007 in a "notes" type format
but the slides are not able to be moved, resized, or copied/pasted. I would
like to integrate the slides into the Word document as long as I can have
some editing control over the the image of each slide. I have heard that
there are some programs that can help with this but I thought it should be
able to be done without an external program. Thanks for any advice in
advance!

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to import powerpoint slides into Word 2007?

Yes, it is possible to import PowerPoint slides into Word 2007 and have some editing control over the images. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Open the PowerPoint presentation that contains the slides you want to import into Word.
  2. Select the slide(s) you want to import.
  3. Click on the "Home" tab in the PowerPoint ribbon.
  4. Click on the "Copy" button in the "Clipboard" section of the ribbon, or use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+C".
  5. Open the Word document where you want to import the slides.
  6. Place your cursor where you want to insert the slide(s) in the Word document.
  7. Click on the "Home" tab in the Word ribbon.
  8. Click on the arrow below the "Paste" button in the "Clipboard" section of the ribbon.
  9. Select "Paste Special" from the drop-down menu.
  10. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, select "Microsoft PowerPoint Slide Object" from the list of options.
  11. Click on the "OK" button.

The selected slide(s) will be inserted into the Word document as an editable object. You can resize, move, and edit the object as needed.

Note: If you want to edit the content of the PowerPoint slide(s) within Word, you will need to double-click on the object to open it in PowerPoint. Make your changes in PowerPoint, then save and close the PowerPoint window. The changes will be reflected in the Word document.