Pauba

Default Covertion Frame to Text Box

Hello guys:

Let's say you have a text box.
If you right-click it and open the "Format text box" window. Then, you go to
the "Text box" tab, and there you can "Convert to Frame."
The question is, if I have a Frame, can I convert it to a text box? I could
not find any way to do it... not even through a macro.

Thanks for your help.

Pauba

Graham Mayor

The short answer is no. However you can delete the frame and replace it with
a text box. A macro containing the following lines will do that if you
select the text the frame contains first.

ActiveDocument.Frames.Delete
Selection.CreateTextbox

A text box is in the drawing layer and thus is not seen by some Word
functions acting in the text layer. A frame is in the text layer of the
document.

Pauba wrote:
Hello guys:

Let's say you have a text box.
If you right-click it and open the "Format text box" window. Then,
you go to the "Text box" tab, and there you can "Convert to Frame."
The question is, if I have a Frame, can I convert it to a text box? I
could not find any way to do it... not even through a macro.

Thanks for your help.

Pauba

Pauba

Graham :
First, thank you for your help.
But I am not sure I fully understood you.
My situation is the following - There is a macro that copies text inside
textboxes and places this text in a table. (See macro at
http://www.necco.ca/dv/macros/word/textboxes_out_in.txt)
I need to do the same with text inside frames. I thought that the easiest
way would be to just convert Frames to Text Boxes. It seems it is not that
easy. Is there a way to modify the macro above to find and copy the text in
each of the frames (instead in each of the text boxes)?
Thanks again,

Pauba

Pauba wrote:
Hello guys:

Let's say you have a text box.
If you right-click it and open the "Format text box" window. Then,
you go to the "Text box" tab, and there you can "Convert to Frame."
The question is, if I have a Frame, can I convert it to a text box? I
could not find any way to do it... not even through a macro.

Thanks for your help.

Pauba

Graham Mayor

That is essentially what the macro I posted does. I have modified it
slightly to cater for documents with more than one frame
Select the frame and run the macro. The text box created has the default
text box parameters.

Sub ConvertFrameToTextBox()
Selection.Frames.Delete
Selection.CreateTextbox
End Sub

Pauba wrote:
Hello guys:

Let's say you have a text box.
If you right-click it and open the "Format text box" window. Then,
you go to the "Text box" tab, and there you can "Convert to Frame."
The question is, if I have a Frame, can I convert it to a text box?
I could not find any way to do it... not even through a macro.

Thanks for your help.

Pauba

Pauba

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
That is essentially what the macro I posted does. I have modified it
slightly to cater for documents with more than one frame
Select the frame and run the macro. The text box created has the default
text box parameters.

Sub ConvertFrameToTextBox()
Selection.Frames.Delete
Selection.CreateTextbox