Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page Numbering Fiasco (Part Deux)

Ok, I got a previous document to work off of,but the numbering is still
wayyyyyyy off on that one. Here's how it breaks down.

14 page document; 15 sections

Page 1 IS numbered as -1-
Page 2 IS numbered as -2-
Page 3 is numbered as -1-
Page 4 is numbered as -2-
Page 5 is numbered as -3-
Page 6 is numbered as -2-
Pages 7 - 14 are numbered -3- thru -10- respectively.

All I want is for all 14 pages to be numbered -1- thru -14- in proper order.
That's all, is this too much to ask for?!?!?! Please help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In some one of those many sections (almost certainly one that's in the
middle of a page), the numbering is restarting. There are two ways to
approach this (once you determine where the problem is):

1. Insert a temporary page break in the middle of the problem section in
order to get access to its header/footer. Then use the Format Page Number
button on the Heading and Footer toolbar to open the Page Number Format
dialog dialog and change the setting to "Continue from previous page."

2. With the insertion point in the affected section, use Insert | Page
Numbers. Click Format..., make the same change, click OK to close the Page
Number Format dialog, and then very carefully use Close rather than OK to
close the Page Numbers dialog so you don't get an extra PAGE field.

"
wrote in message ...
Ok, I got a previous document to work off of,but the numbering is still
wayyyyyyy off on that one. Here's how it breaks down.

14 page document; 15 sections

Page 1 IS numbered as -1-
Page 2 IS numbered as -2-
Page 3 is numbered as -1-
Page 4 is numbered as -2-
Page 5 is numbered as -3-
Page 6 is numbered as -2-
Pages 7 - 14 are numbered -3- thru -10- respectively.

All I want is for all 14 pages to be numbered -1- thru -14- in proper

order.
That's all, is this too much to ask for?!?!?! Please help!!!!

Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
Page numbering Ros Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 02:31 PM
Page numbering and un-numbering Elbert Page Layout 2 July 8th 05 03:33 PM