Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caharbin caharbin is offline

Default Text boxes not printing...in Word 2007

When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But
when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a few
characters. I'm running Word 2007.

Thank You Constance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/...legraphics.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"caharbin" wrote in message
When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But
when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a
few
characters. I'm running Word 2007.

Thank You Constance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At Office Button | Word Options | Display, make sure you have "Print
drawings created in Word" checked.

http://word.mvps.org

"caharbin" wrote in message
When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But
when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a
few
characters. I'm running Word 2007.

Thank You Constance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] abu.rasel@easternuni.edu.bd is offline

Hello Suzanne:

I have a similar issue, wondering if you can help. When I am printing anything written in the textbox its always printing in color black; cant even change it to gray scale.

TIA

"caharbin" wrote in message
When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But
when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a
few
characters. I'm running Word 2007.

Thank You Constance

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Text boxes not printing...in Word 2007

Hi Constance! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with text boxes not printing in Word 2007. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. Check your printer settings: Make sure that your printer is set to print all objects, including text boxes. To do this, go to File Print Printer Properties (or Printer Settings) and look for an option that says "Print all objects" or "Print drawings created in Word". Make sure this option is selected.
  2. Check your text box settings: Make sure that your text box is set to print. To do this, right-click on the text box and select "Format Text Box". In the Format Text Box dialog box, go to the "Text Box" tab and make sure that the "Print object" option is selected.
  3. Update your printer drivers: Sometimes outdated printer drivers can cause issues with printing. Check your printer manufacturer's website for the latest drivers and install them if necessary.
  4. Try a different printer: If you have access to another printer, try printing your document on that printer to see if the issue persists. If the text boxes print correctly on the other printer, then the issue may be with your original printer.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with text boxes not printing in Word 2007. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!