Template settings

Old January 31st 05, 05:05 PM
TRM

Default Template settings

I am using a template in a network setting. The template has customized
settings on the "tracked changes" section. I am having problems with the
settings saving. The users Access word from the server, the template is
saved to the server. It seems that SOME users or documents do not carry over
these settings. WHY? Then, if a user somehow has different settings and the
document is saved, it would save these settings, correct? Therefore, when
another user pulls up the doc, where the settings would usually be "normal"
(normal for our template) - the settings/markings would be as they were when
the document was saved - correct?

Hopefully I have explained this clearly!
Old February 7th 05, 11:11 AM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?VFJN?=,

I am using a template in a network setting. The template has customized
settings on the "tracked changes" section. I am having problems with the
settings saving. The users Access word from the server, the template is
saved to the server. It seems that SOME users or documents do not carry over
these settings. WHY? Then, if a user somehow has different settings and the
document is saved, it would save these settings, correct? Therefore, when
another user pulls up the doc, where the settings would usually be "normal"
(normal for our template) - the settings/markings would be as they were when
the document was saved - correct?

I think I follow what you're saying, and the conclusion you reach is correct,
yes. The document will reflect the Track Changes settings the last user has
made. About the only possibility I know of to get control of this would be to
use a macro to reset the options to what you want them to be. (AutoOpen, for
example).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org