Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dheuermann dheuermann is offline

Default numbering multilevel list word 2007

trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the
numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal
style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a
heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style
definition for the relevant heading(s).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dheuermann" wrote in message
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the
numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note also that in Outline view, the "next style" is ignored, and you can
press Enter at the end of a Heading 1 and get another Heading 1 paragraph.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the
Normal
style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a
heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style
definition for the relevant heading(s).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dheuermann" wrote in message
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the
numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good point.

--
Stefan Blom