Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Christi[_2_] Christi[_2_] is offline

Default Registry - Paragraph Line Spacing Settings

Windows XP, Office 2003 SP2

I need to change the default line spacing settings for one user. I do not
want to do this on the Normal.dot because we share the normal.dot template
throughout the whole office. Is there a registry setting I can add\change
that will change the line spacing for just this user?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Since styles are stored in templates, and you are sharing the
normal.dot template, I don't see a way to do what you are asking.

Note that a shared normal.dot file is usually not recommended.
Instead, each Word user should be able to make customizations to
his/her normal.dot, and the settings for all users should be provided
in a custom template (from which users then create their documents).

However, if you find that your current setup works for you, why not
just create a custom template, with the proper style definitions, for
the user that should have different settings?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP