Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve B Abq Steve B Abq is offline

Default My document looks different on two different computers

Hello-
I am editing a Word 2003 doc on two different computers (both use Word
2003), transferring the doc back and forth via email. When I open it on
computer #1, it is always shorter (13 pages) than on computer #2 (~13.5
pages); there are more words on each page. I have checked the margins,
two-column sizing, paragraph settings and line spacing, headers/footers,
everything I can think of, and it all matches - after all, it is the exact
same document. From the Office website, I even checked that Tools | Options |
Compatibility | "Use printer metrics to lay out document" was checked, and it
was.
This is important to me because I am working against a page limit, but I
don't know what the "actual" page count is (or what it will be for the editor
who formats the document), because I can't find any difference in formatting.
Any clues?
Thanks,
Steve