Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
themint100 themint100 is offline

Default Two Page (side by side) preview with odd pages on right

In its 2-up preview mode, Word defaults to showing page 1 and subsequent odd
pages on the left side rather than the right side. Is there a way to force
word to show odd pages on the right when previewing. Odd pages are right
pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
themint100 themint100 is offline

Thanks, Suzanne, but that wasn't my question. Getting a 2-up preview is easy.
Making Word display odd numbered pages on the right side is the question. The
first row in 2-up should show only a page on the right side, which should be
an odd page.

Is there a way to do that?

-g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have selected either "Different odd and even" (Layout tab of Page
Setup) or "Mirror margins" (Margins tab of Page Setup), you'll see facing
pages.

"themint100" wrote in message
In its 2-up preview mode, Word defaults to showing page 1 and subsequent

odd
pages on the left side rather than the right side. Is there a way to force
word to show odd pages on the right when previewing. Odd pages are right
pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
themint100 themint100 is offline

Actually, if you want to see how it should display, just export such a
document to a PDF file and view in Adobe Reader.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have selected either "Different odd and even" (Layout tab of Page
Setup) or "Mirror margins" (Margins tab of Page Setup), you'll see facing
pages.

"themint100" wrote in message
In its 2-up preview mode, Word defaults to showing page 1 and subsequent

odd
pages on the left side rather than the right side. Is there a way to force
word to show odd pages on the right when previewing. Odd pages are right
pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I wasn't telling you how to get a "2-up preview." I was telling you how to
get facing pages, which is what you asked. By "facing" pages, I mean recto
on the right and verso on the left, as in a book. Did you try what I
suggested?

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have selected either "Different odd and even" (Layout tab of Page
Setup) or "Mirror margins" (Margins tab of Page Setup), you'll see

facing
pages.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"themint100" wrote in message
In its 2-up preview mode, Word defaults to showing page 1 and

subsequent
odd
pages on the left side rather than the right side. Is there a way to

force
word to show odd pages on the right when previewing. Odd pages are

right
pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
themint100 themint100 is offline

Yes, and that does not work. Don't really need the attitude, I'll just export
to Adobe, thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have selected either "Different odd and even" (Layout tab of Page
Setup) or "Mirror margins" (Margins tab of Page Setup), you'll see

facing
pages.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"themint100" wrote in message
In its 2-up preview mode, Word defaults to showing page 1 and

subsequent
odd
pages on the left side rather than the right side. Is there a way to

force
word to show odd pages on the right when previewing. Odd pages are

right
pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It *does* work, at least in Word 2003 (and every previous version AFAR). I
have a four-page test document. If I select "Mirror margins" then switch to
Print Preview and choose 1x2 pages, I get page 1 on the right. Paging down,
I get pages 2 and 3, then 4. Same if I check "Different odd and even."
Either of those settings has the desired result.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have selected either "Different odd and even" (Layout tab of

Page
Setup) or "Mirror margins" (Margins tab of Page Setup), you'll see

facing
pages.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"themint100" wrote in message
In its 2-up preview mode, Word defaults to showing page 1 and

subsequent
odd
pages on the left side rather than the right side. Is there a way

force
word to show odd pages on the right when previewing. Odd pages are

right
pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Freddy[_5_] Freddy[_5_] is offline

Default I'm two years late, but the problem is the same one :]

Hi there, I have the same problem that TheMint identified and the PageSetup window does not address it. In the Two-Page View (which displays pages side by side) We need to see the first page on the right (its on the left by default). If you tell us how to do that, it will solve our problem.

Help!

Fred

"themint100" wrote:

On Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:23 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

I wasn't telling you how to get a "2-up preview." I was telling you how to
get facing pages, which is what you asked. By "facing" pages, I mean recto
on the right and verso on the left, as in a book. Did you try what I
suggested?

"themint100" wrote in message
news easy.
The
be
facing
newsgroup so
subsequent
force
right

On Friday, January 26, 2007 12:51 PM themint10 wrote:

Yes, and that does not work. Don't really need the attitude, I will just export
to Adobe, thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Friday, January 26, 2007 2:24 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

It *does* work, at least in Word 2003 (and every previous version AFAR). I
have a four-page test document. If I select "Mirror margins" then switch to
Print Preview and choose 1x2 pages, I get page 1 on the right. Paging down,
I get pages 2 and 3, then 4. Same if I check "Different odd and even."
Either of those settings has the desired result.

"themint100" wrote in message
export
recto
newsgroup so
is
question.
should
Page

SharePoint WorkFlow Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ow-basics.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The answer has not changed, regardless of what Word version you have. There
is no way to see facing pages in Print Layout view, but you can see facing
pages in Print Preview if you have "Different odd and even" (headers and
footers) or "Mirror margins" enabled.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On Friday, January 26, 2007 2:24 PM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

It *does* work, at least in Word 2003 (and every previous version
AFAR). I
have a four-page test document. If I select "Mirror margins" then
switch to
Print Preview and choose 1x2 pages, I get page 1 on the right.
Paging down,
I get pages 2 and 3, then 4. Same if I check "Different odd and
even."
Either of those settings has the desired result.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"themint100" wrote in
message
export
recto
newsgroup so
is
question.
should
Page

SharePoint WorkFlow Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ow-basics.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] fredmart@gmail.com is offline

5 years later... but as I haven't found a better solution here is my workaround:
- Zoom to fit two pages in Print Layout view
- insert page break right at the beginning of the document (i.e. create a blank first page). This will temporarily shift all the odd pages over to the right
- do all the editing you need to do then delete the page break.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] rrernst0@gmail.com is offline

Fred,
This is how I see it, too. Have struggled with this for over a decade, since graphic design classes in college. Can't believe a word processing tool meant for publishing(?) in this day and age works this way. We need "page 0" on the left: a special, non-printing page.

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 10:11:34 AM UTC-6, wrote:
5 years later... but as I haven't found a better solution here is my workaround:
- Zoom to fit two pages in Print Layout view
- insert page break right at the beginning of the document (i.e. create a blank first page). This will temporarily shift all the odd pages over to the right
- do all the editing you need to do then delete the page break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] vilcatto@gmail.com is offline

Thanks, it solved MY problem (even I am not the OP).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gus Adapon Gus Adapon is offline

On Friday, June 12, 2020 at 5:01:40 PM UTC+8, wrote:
Thanks, it solved MY problem (even I am not the OP).

Suzanne's answer totally worked for me. I did not realize that Mirrored Margins would define Page 1 on the right side. To test this out in Word365, I turned on Mirrored Margins in a 4 page Word document and then did a "Print to PDF". Then I opened the resulting file in Acrobat, where the printer dialogue allows me to select Booklet Printing. Sure enough, Page 1 was on the right side and Page 4 on the left!

page number does not appear xppuser Page Layout 6 October 14th 06 09:28 PM
adding headers and footers to a word document PhilB Microsoft Word Help 12 October 10th 06 07:13 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 05:51 PM
How do I set up an 8.5"x11" page to print two pages side by side? ANelson Page Layout 2 October 28th 05 05:47 PM