Can't delete section break (next page)

Old December 4th 20, 02:43 PM
RS Snipes RS Snipes is offline

Nothing still works when deleting section breaks in my document. I've tried everything mentioned above with no luck. There is no way to select and delete; and when placing the cursor at the start of the break, that does not work either.

You can see I am doing what was suggested:
https://www.loom.com/share/75b518a7c...f46dda75095caa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a d View Post
check out:

http://tortoiseshell.net/coffeebreak...on-breaks.html

i guess all you have to do is put the cursor BEFORE the break and just 'delete' it rather than trying to 'backspace' it

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:29 AM Bobbi wrote:

Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just will not go
away?

Bobbi

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:23 AM Dean wrote:

Try selecting the previous and following paragraph marks as well, then delete.
Does this work?
DeanH

"Bobbi" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:49 PM Bobbi wrote:

No, it does not work. I have had this problem previously. Once you insert a
"section break (next page)" it is almost impossible to get rid of.

Sigh!

Bobbi

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:23 PM Bob Buckland ?:-\) wrote:

Hi Bobbi,

To remove the section break, one method is to be in Print layout view turn on the nonprinting character display using the show/hide
icon from the toolbar. Place your cursor just before the section break indicator in your document and tap the delete key twice.

===============
"Bobbi" lid wrote in message ...
No, it doesn't work. I've had this problem previously. Once you insert a
"section break (next page)" it's almost impossible to get rid of.

Sigh!

Bobbi
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

On Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:22 AM Bobbi wrote:

Hi, Bob-

No, that's not working for me either. (That's what I normally try to do.) It
deletes other stuff than the section break!

My problem always occurs in documents where I switch from one column (for
headings) to two columns (for text) using section breaks. Most of the
section breaks are continuous, but sometimes I need to use a section break-

However, I think it's easier to delete in Normal View, not print layout.

Bobbi

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

On Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:03 AM Dean wrote:

Now I understand, this in relation to a Multi-Column format.
This can cause aggrevation and I have had the same problem in the past.
Section Break Continuous is the best option to use for Column format
changes, one at start and one at end of the multiple column section (then end
one as you probably know helps with balancing the column lengths).
Is the Next Page break you wish to delete at the start, middle or end of the
multi-column section?
Is the NextPage break the one that starts the multi-column section?
If so, instead of deleting, have you tried changing the break to a
continuous and then use Page Break Before paragraph setting to accomplish the
desired effect.
DeanH

"Bobbi" wrote:

On Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:54 PM Bobbi wrote:

Hi, Dean-

You're right that using Section Break Continuous and then Page Break seems
to be the best way to go. But it seems to be easier to delete the Section
Break Next Page while in Normal View. However, I'm just not gonna use it any
more.

Bobbi

"DeanH"
wrote in message

On Friday, February 15, 2008 8:37 AM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Deleting section breaks rarely works the way you intended, but you can
change the section start type on the Layout tab of Page Setup.

"Bobbi"
lid wrote in message

On Monday, February 18, 2008 4:25 AM Stefan Blom wrote:

For more on what Suzanne is talking about, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

Book Review: Excel 2010 - The Missing Manual [OReilly]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-oreilly.aspx
Old February 5th 21, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Emilie Swayze Zgrajewicz

Default Can't delete section break (next page)

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:17:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

I am having the same problem and none of this is working for me. I can see the section break, but cannot delete it(either way listed) or highlight it.

Mgros, I found that if I had track changes turned on it would retain the next page section break. I had to turn track changes off to make the delete possible.

Wow! That worked perfectly. After wasting a lot of time, I just turned off Track Changes, deleted the page break, and turned Track Changes back on. Perfect! Thank you so much!

Old February 5th 21, 02:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Emilie Swayze Zgrajewicz

OMG TURNING OFF TRACK CHANGES DUH!!! praise the lord!