Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldHand OldHand is offline

Default Displaying colour codes in Word 2007

I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There
seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of
people MAD.

When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007,
the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly,
this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've
never seen a computer.

If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or
an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is
far from obvious that the codes displayed initially under More (or custom)
Colours are those corresponding to one of the M$ fixed colours (I'm
translating from the .fr version). Since there is plenty of space in the
standard colour selection box, why can't we see the codes directly? People
who don't need the information would probably not notice it's there.

Regards