Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
lentulax lentulax is offline

Default Finding Unicode characters in Word 2007

I have Word 2007 with Vista Home Premium . The online Help about Finding Text
doesn't seem to be particularly adapted to the products I have . For a start
, it suggests you can find all occurrences of whatever by clicking the Find
All button - but there isn't one ! (OK - clicking on Find In/Main Document
does the job).

But I haven't found the answer to finding remote unicode characters . Online
help says that ^Unnnn in the Find What box (with Use wildcards off) will find
the unicode character whose code is nnnn ; but all it actually produces is a
message that ^U is not a valid special character for the Find What box . Have
I missed something obvious ? or can someone suggest why this doesn't work ?
(What I want to do involves the playing card symbols ; I want , when I've
finished a document , to Find All the heart/diamond symbols and click on the
Font Colour to change them to red.)