ecoplasm

Default text only visible in web layout view

I was working with a document with several pages of text. In switching from
reading layout to print layout view, the text disappeared and the doc seemed
to be empty and uneditable. After switching views a few more times and trying
to figure out the problem, I can now only see the text in web layout view -
all the other views are empty and void.

Bi-zarre! If you could see it only in Print Layout view, I'd figure it was
in a text box. My next guess was that it's Hidden, you don't have Hidden
text displayed, and there's no such thing as Hidden text in HTML, so not in
Web Layout view. Unfortunately, testing proved this incorrect. sigh