Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dorian Dorian is offline

Default 2 questions about tables

(1) How do I add multiple new empty rows to an existing table.
(2) Is there any way to copy a list of data into an already created table
e.g. I have a list of names:
Smith
Jones
Walker...
and I need to copy the list into a table such that each name goes into a
separate row and the middle column of a 3 column table.
Thanks,
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz Pesach Shelnitz is offline

Hi Dorian,

In my opinion, the simplest ways to do these things are as follows.
1) To add multiple rows to a table, place your cursor in a cell in the first
column, press Shift+Down to select a number of cells equal to the number of
rows that you want to add, and then click on the menu (pre-2007) or ribbon
(2007) option for adding rows above or below the selected cells.
2) To insert a list of data into a table, select the list, and click on the
menu (pre-2007) or ribbon (2007) option to convert text to table using
paragraph separation. Then copy the newly created table to the clipboard,
select the cells in the table where you want the list to appear, and paste
the clipboard contents into the selected cells.
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Dorian" wrote:

(1) How do I add multiple new empty rows to an existing table.
(2) Is there any way to copy a list of data into an already created table
e.g. I have a list of names:
Smith
Jones
Walker...
and I need to copy the list into a table such that each name goes into a
separate row and the middle column of a 3 column table.
Thanks,
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(1) Either select cells in a column (or lots of columns) equal to the
number of additional rows you want, and click Insert Rows Below in the
Table Layout part of the Ribbon / Tables menu; Or, put your cursor at
the end of the last row but before the final round "paragraph
mark" (you should always have Show Paragraph Marks turned on) and
press Tab or Enter (keep pressing Tab to get more rows, but if you use
Enter you have to go past the last cell in the bottom row); Or, select
complete rows of another table, Copy or Cut, select a row in the
target table, Paste, and new rows are inserted above the row you
selected.,

(2) Convert the text to table (find the command in pretty much the
same place), select the cells, Copy, then select the cells in the
column you want to paste them into, and Paste. If you select too many
cells the info will start duplicating in the extra cells.

On Jun 29, 4:15*pm, Dorian wrote:
(1) How do I add multiple new empty rows to an existing table.
(2) Is there any way to copy a list of data into an already created table
e.g. I have a list of names:
Smith
Jones
Walker...
and I need to copy the list into a table such that each name goes into a
separate row and the middle column of a 3 column table.
Thanks,
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz Pesach Shelnitz is offline

Hi Dorian,

My answer to question 2) can be simplified. There is no need to convert the
list to a table. Simply select the list and press Ctrl+C (or Ctrl+Insert) to
copy it to the clipboard. Then select the cells in the table where you want
the list to appear, and press Ctrl+V (or Shift+Insert) to paste the clipboard
contents into the selected cells.

Pesach

2 questions assaf1978 Microsoft Word Help 6 January 12th 09 05:16 PM
Misc Questions about Tables - Please help Fill-in Form General Questions Microsoft Word Help 1 April 29th 08 03:20 PM
questions exciter New Users 2 February 7th 08 02:29 PM
2 Questions Sarah Microsoft Word Help 1 December 7th 05 07:33 PM
Select Tables questions GMLutz New Users 7 March 12th 05 11:11 PM