Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
will

Default how do i set up a 8.5 x 11 sheet to be divided in 4 even squares?

I want to set up a 8.5 x 11 sheet so that I can make 4 cards using hard stock
paper. Cards will have print on front and back.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i set up a 8.5 x 11 sheet to be divided in 4 even squares?

To set up an 8.5 x 11 sheet to be divided into 4 even squares, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open a new blank document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Size" button and select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, enter "8.5" for the width and "11" for the height under the "Paper" tab.
  5. Under the "Margins" tab, set all margins to "0" so that there is no white space around the edges of the page.
  6. Click on the "Columns" button in the ribbon and select "Two" columns.
  7. Your page will now be divided into two even columns. To further divide each column into two even squares, click on the "Layout" tab again and select "Margins" from the dropdown menu.
  8. In the "Margins" window that appears, click on the "Custom Margins" button at the bottom.
  9. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, under the "Margins" tab, set the "Top," "Bottom," "Left," and "Right" margins to "0.25" inches.
  10. Under the "Columns" tab, set the "Width" to "3.75" inches and the "Spacing" to "0.5" inches.
  11. Click "OK" to close the "Page Setup" window.

Your 8.5 x 11 sheet should now be divided into four even squares, each measuring 3.75 x 5.5 inches. You can now add your desired content to each square, and print the sheet on hard stock paper to create four cards with print on both the front and back.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use a 2 x 2 label

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"will" wrote in message
I want to set up a 8.5 x 11 sheet so that I can make 4 cards using hard
stock
paper. Cards will have print on front and back.

Jose Cambolla Jose Cambolla is offline
Junior Member

i found this size that it might help you and is exactly the whole page divided by 4 try this 4.25 w 5.50 h