Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mye Mye is offline

Default How do I change the font and size in math equations?

Institute of Physics Publishing and other scientific journal publishers use
math fonts and sizes not supported in Word 2007. Equation Editor 2003 works
well. Can we use Equation Editor 2003 in Word 2007? If you want the
business of the physics and math communities, Word 2007 must be revised.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

The correct name for it is either "Equation Editor" or "Microsoft
Equation 3.0", but I knew what you meant. You certainly can use this
editor in Word 2007 and in fact it's already built-in! Access it the
same way you probably did in Word 2003 -- Insert Object Microsoft
Equation 3.0.

We have two items on our website that may be helpful. The first is a
TechNote showing how to add Equation Editor to your Quick Access
Toolbar in Word 2007. You can access this TechNote he

http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mat...tsn/tsn124.htm

The second item is a tip in the MathType Tips & Tricks section. This
tip is about changing the font size in an equation, and although it's
labeled "MathType", it's appropriate for Equation Editor too. It's
he

http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mat...s/fontsize.htm

You change fonts in Equation Editor by opening Equation Editor, and in
the Style menu, click on Define. Set the fonts to anything you want,
but it's important for these styles to remain set to Symbol font: L.C.
Greek, U.C. Greek, Symbol. Setting these styles to anything other then
Symbol font will produce unpredictable results.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] flashy.groovy@gmail.com is offline

I hope your question means changing cambria maths perhaps into..times new roman.

All you have to do is:
Highlight the equation-- it will lead you to design under equation tools. Then at the top left, next to the big pi equation sign, the 3rd button says "abc normal text" click on that. Then, go back to home and change the font and size.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sep 15, 4:52*am, wrote:
I hope your question means changing cambria maths perhaps into..times new roman.

All you have to do is:
Highlight the equation-- it will lead you to design under equation tools. Then at the top left, next to the big pi equation sign, the 3rd button says "abc normal text" click on that. Then, go back to home and change the font and size.

I do hope Mye hasn't been waiting around for 4 1/2 years for an answer!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mcmanishachokhani@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:22:34 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:
I hope your question means changing cambria maths perhaps into..times new roman. All you have to do is: Highlight the equation-- it will lead you to design under equation tools. Then at the top left, next to the big pi equation sign, the 3rd button says "abc normal text" click on that. Then, go back to home and change the font and size.

Thanks a lot, it did work!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jakirkhanbd@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:07:20 AM UTC+8, wrote:
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:22:34 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:

I hope your question means changing cambria maths perhaps into..times new roman. All you have to do is: Highlight the equation-- it will lead you to design under equation tools. Then at the top left, next to the big pi equation sign, the 3rd button says "abc normal text" click on that. Then, go back to home and change the font and size.

Thanks ....It is really helpful.

Thanks a lot, it did work!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] akbari.s2007@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:52:34 PM UTC+8, wrote:
I hope your question means changing cambria maths perhaps into..times new roman.

All you have to do is:

Highlight the equation-- it will lead you to design under equation tools. Then at the top left, next to the big pi equation sign, the 3rd button says "abc normal text" click on that. Then, go back to home and change the font and size.

Thanks...You helped a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] prasna.stha@gmail.com is offline

Thank you brother.