Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Default Number must be between...

Dear List, When trying to fix a multilevel list from Homeparagraph in word
2007, when I call up a list level, an error message says numbr must be
between 1 and 600, at the "Define new multlevel list" and at the font level,
it says between 1 and 1638. I have no number at all but use alpha.... to
which box are they referring to?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know what 600 refers to in this case, but 1638 is the maximum point
size for fonts. The error message might be a sign that the list has been
damaged. Have you tried copying the document contents, except for the final
paragraph mark (¶), into a new file?

To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bretsharon" wrote in message
Dear List, When trying to fix a multilevel list from Homeparagraph in
word
2007, when I call up a list level, an error message says numbr must be
between 1 and 600, at the "Define new multlevel list" and at the font
level,
it says between 1 and 1638. I have no number at all but use alpha.... to
which box are they referring to?

Pivot3TechDocs Pivot3TechDocs is offline
Junior Member

Angry

I've got this problem now in Word 2016 and nothing I've found in any forum has worked.

My styles seem to be corrupt at level 4 in my Normal style set. I need it to be Source Sans Pro Light 24pt, but every time I get to it, it reverts to Times New Roman 0pt ALL BY ITSELF. I am trying to convert my styles from a legacy branding to a rebranded document look, and I get error messages every time. (See attachments.)

I tried ctrl-A Font Advanced Scaling 100%, also didn't work. I tried cutting and pasting into a new document, but the problems carry right over into the new document. I'm against deadline here and really need to get this fixed asap so that I can rebrand all my internal documents to align with Marketing.
Attached Images