Mark@ReiglerAli

Default Mail merge search button fails to find any recipients.

We have been having a problem with Word 2002/3. This occurs when using
mailmerge search to find a single recipient from our data source.
Our Data source is a Word-created table in a word document.
Originally, the search was intermittant and often failed to find data in the
middle records (No300-1000) of the data source. We worked around this by
pressing the Last Record button, which seemed to force the data source to
reload and then the search worked, now one of the PCs won't find ANY record,
even after pressing the last record button.
We've tried disassociating and re-selecting the data source, re-installing
word, installing all the service packs, creating a new merge document. None
of it has any effect.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a simple fix?
Please help!!!

Anne Troy

Mark, if I were you, I'd move the data to Excel and see if that helps you
any. I don't think Word was ever intended to be used for such hefty mail
merges.

~Anne Troy

www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com