Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dorian Dorian is offline

Default Bar across page, what is it?

I was sent a document and it has horizontal bars across the page. They move
down when I hit enter to create a new paragraph. They are not table cells.
It's like a movable underline. What are they and how do I get rid of them. I
cannot place the cursor on them and press delete. Thanks for any help. I'm
not a big Word user as you can tell.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

Perhaps the Style has a border associated with it...?
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Dorian" wrote:

I was sent a document and it has horizontal bars across the page. They move
down when I hit enter to create a new paragraph. They are not table cells.
It's like a movable underline. What are they and how do I get rid of them. I
cannot place the cursor on them and press delete. Thanks for any help. I'm
not a big Word user as you can tell.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Dorian" wrote in message
I was sent a document and it has horizontal bars across the page. They move
down when I hit enter to create a new paragraph. They are not table cells.
It's like a movable underline. What are they and how do I get rid of them.
cannot place the cursor on them and press delete. Thanks for any help. I'm
not a big Word user as you can tell.
-- Dorian
"Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and
they
eat for a lifetime".