Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dorian Dorian is offline

Default How prevent (R) from being converted?

Whenever I type (R) it changes to the 'registered' character, like an R
inside an O.
Is there any way to prevent this? I want my document to contain (R) i.e.
open paren R close paren.
Thanks.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Pam has given you the answer, but I'd amend it just a little... The
Registered symbol is one that is often desirable but although there are
other ways to insert it I'd suggest that you *replace* it's trigger in
AutoCorrect rather than removing it altogether. For example, use [r instead
of (r). You might want to consider doing something similar for other
AutoCorrect items such as (c), etc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Dorian" wrote in message
news
Whenever I type (R) it changes to the 'registered' character, like an R
inside an O.
Is there any way to prevent this? I want my document to contain (R) i.e.
open paren R close paren.
Thanks.
-- Dorian
"Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and
they
eat for a lifetime".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Alternatively, you can just press Ctrl+Z to reverse the AutoCorrection when
it isn't wanted.

http://word.mvps.org

"CyberTaz" gtz1@comcastdotnet wrote in message
Pam has given you the answer, but I'd amend it just a little... The
Registered symbol is one that is often desirable but although there are
other ways to insert it I'd suggest that you *replace* it's trigger in
AutoCorrect rather than removing it altogether. For example, use [r
instead of (r). You might want to consider doing something similar for
other AutoCorrect items such as (c), etc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP