JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Default AutoCorrect.dot doesn't backup all entries?

In MS Word 2003, I ran AutoCorrect.dot (from AutoCorrect.zip) to backup my autocorrect entries. Of my 11000 entries or so I only got about 9600 (it stopped at letter T). Is it a known limitation of AutoCorrect.zip and if so is there an alternative for getting all entries?

Last edited by JPh12 : February 2nd 13 at 12:25 AM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Autocorrect.zip doesn't backup all entries?

Are you referring to the template from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...tocorrect.htm?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" wrote in message ...

In MS Word 2003, I ran AutoCorrect.dot (from AutoCorrect.zip) to backup
my autocorrect entries. Of my 11000 entries or so I only got about 9600
(it stopped at letter T). Is it a known limitation of AutoCorrect.zip
and if so is there an alternative for getting all entries?

JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

[quote='Stefan Blom[_3_];493896']Are you referring to the template from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...tocorrect.htm?

Yes, exactly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The article is rather old by now, so I guess there could be some limitations
with the macro ...

What if you try copying the *.acl file(s) manually, then? Does that work for
you?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" skrev i meddelandet

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493896']Are you referring to the template from
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...tocorrect.htm?

Yes, exactly.

--
JPh12

JPh12 JPh12 is offline
Junior Member

Yes, I can see the autocorrect entries when I read the .acl file in Wordpad and I guess I can extract the ones I didn't get with the mvps template (which got most of them already).
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or you could just replace the *.acl files, as discussed in the article (but,
of course, if you are moving entries to a new machine, that would delete any
entries already present there).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" wrote in message

Yes, I can see the autocorrect entries when I read the .acl file in
Wordpad and I guess I can extract the ones I didn't get with the mvps
template (which got most of them already).
Thanks!

--
JPh12

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] is offline

I think the purpose of the macro is to backup/restore not only the
unformatted entries in the .acl file(s) but also the formatted ones stored
in the Normal template, but if you've based your new Normal on an old one,
that wouldn't be an issue.

"JPh12" wrote in message

Yes, I can see the autocorrect entries when I read the .acl file in
Wordpad and I guess I can extract the ones I didn't get with the mvps
template (which got most of them already).
Thanks!

--
JPh12

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement