tampauser1180 tampauser1180 is offline
Junior Member

Red face Format up to, but not including, punctuation

I used to have access to a program that did a lot of nice formatting using multi-level numbering. Now I really miss them because I format a lot of long documents. Can anyone provide a macro that will, inside a specific style, format only up to the punctuation mark? I did try to search but didn't find a similar thread - if I've just missed it - my apologies in advance.

For example, in my outline, I have this paragraph:

Title. This is the first, last, and only sentence in this paragraph.

This paragraph has, let's say, a style called "Title" applied to it. I want to scan the document and only when the paragraph is styled with Title, I want this to display as:

(bold)(underline)Title(end underline)(end bold). This is the first, last, and only paragraph.

Points:
The period after the word 'title' should not be bold.
Other punctuation after the first period should not be modified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

punctuation Maris Microsoft Word Help 1 May 21st 09 07:23 PM
Punctuation Graham W. Microsoft Word Help 3 August 26th 07 04:08 AM
garbled punctuation Weston Microsoft Word Help 1 November 15th 05 01:07 PM
Arabic punctuation Nafesa New Users 0 February 24th 05 04:47 AM
AutoCorrect for punctuation Libi Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 09:48 PM