Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carconni carconni is offline

Default How do I draw a circle around text

Fuzzy1949;3135201 Wrote:
I need to draw a circle around text so that I can indicate which answer
is
correct. Example is
A. This is the wrong answer
B. This is the correct answer

I would draw a circle around B.

Open Word. Go to View -- toolbars. Check drawing. A toolbar with
assorted shapes and colors will appear. Click on autoshapes and slide
the mouse over basic shapes and then oval (it looks like a circle).

Once you've chosen the shape (in this case an oval), click just outside
the word or words you want to empahasize and drag the mouse over the
words to create the circle. Don't worry if the words dispapear. Release
the mouse when the shape has completely engulfed the word or words.

Place your mouse over the shape and right click. A box will appear.
Choose Format Autoshape at the bottom. A Format Autoshape box will
appear. The first section is called fill. Change color to "no fill"
by clicking on the little arrow on the right of the drop down selection.
Click OK

--
carconni
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I draw a circle around text

To draw a circle around text in Microsoft Word, you can use the drawing tools. First, go to View and select Toolbars. Check the box next to Drawing, and a toolbar with various shapes and colors will appear. Click on AutoShapes and select Basic Shapes, then choose the oval shape (which looks like a circle).

Next, click just outside the word or words you want to emphasize and drag the mouse over the words to create the circle. Don't worry if the words disappear - just release the mouse when the shape has completely engulfed the word or words.

To format the circle, right-click on the shape and select Format Autoshape at the bottom of the box that appears. In the Format Autoshape box, go to the first section called Fill and change the color to "no fill" by clicking on the little arrow on the right of the drop-down selection. Click OK to apply the changes.
  1. Go to View and select Toolbars
  2. Check the box next to Drawing
  3. Click on AutoShapes and select Basic Shapes
  4. Choose the oval shape
  5. Click just outside the word or words you want to emphasize and drag the mouse over the words to create the circle
  6. Right-click on the shape and select Format Autoshape
  7. In the Format Autoshape box, go to the first section called Fill and change the color to "no fill"
  8. Click OK to apply the changes

That's it! You should now have a circle around your text to indicate the correct answer.