Default numbered list disappears

I need some help please!!! When I am typing a document with a numbered list
in it and I hit enter the next number shows up but when I hit enter again to
create a line between the two paragraphs the number disappears.....how do i
fix this?????? Thank you!

Herb Tyson [MVP]

When using automatic numbering and you press Enter twice in succession, Word
assumes that the list has stopped. To create more space between the numbered
items, use Format - Paragraph - Spacing: After (or before, set either to 12
points).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com