Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Digger

Default How do I remove 'total editing' time from Word File Properties?

I wish to stop tracking 'total editing time' on my Word documents, to ensure
this information is not available to e-mail recipients.

The total editing time' is in the File Properties display.

Anyone know how to switch this off?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I remove 'total editing' time from Word File Properties?

  1. 1. Open the Word document that you want to remove the 'total editing time' from.
    2. Click on the 'File' tab in the top left corner of the screen.
    3. Click on 'Info' in the left-hand menu.
    4. Click on the 'Properties' dropdown menu and select 'Advanced Properties'.
    5. In the 'Properties' window that appears, click on the 'Statistics' tab.
    6. You should see an option for 'Total editing time'. Simply delete the value in the box next to it.
    7. Click 'OK' to save the changes and close the 'Properties' window.

That's it! The 'total editing time' should now be removed from the File Properties display. Keep in mind that this will only remove the 'total editing time' from this specific document. If you want to prevent Word from tracking 'total editing time' in all future documents, you can go to the 'Options' menu in Word and uncheck the 'Track formatting and edits' option under the 'Advanced' tab.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

ALT+SHIFT+F11 - locate TotalTime and delete the line.. Click the save button
in that dialog then close and save the Word document. The time will be set
at 0 minutes, however note that this counter ticks away all the time the
document is open. If you don't want this information don't send the document
in Word format. Use PDF.

Digger wrote:
I wish to stop tracking 'total editing time' on my Word documents, to
ensure this information is not available to e-mail recipients.

The total editing time' is in the File Properties display.

Anyone know how to switch this off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Digger

Graham
Thanks for the fast response. It's appreciated
Digger