Default tables need to rotate with out rotating the entire page

I have a table that is too large to insert in portrait mode. But I need the
printed document to have the header and footer in the same orientation as the
rest of the document. Right now to rotate a table, and still have it behave
properly, you must change the page orientation, which results in the header
and footer being on the left and right sides of the page not the top and
bottom. Right now the work around is to create pictures of the table for
each page and insert them. But if the data changes then you have to repeat
the enire process and with tables over 100 pages long it takes hours.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables

But also note that MS is aware of this need (it's been on the MVP Wish List
for a while).

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm for methods

of
dealing with the header and footer in a landscape section.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:
I have a table that is too large to insert in portrait mode. But I
need the printed document to have the header and footer in the same
orientation as the rest of the document. Right now to rotate a
table, and still have it behave properly, you must change the page
orientation, which results in the header and footer being on the left
and right sides of the page not the top and bottom. Right now the
work around is to create pictures of the table for each page and
insert them. But if the data changes then you have to repeat the
enire process and with tables over 100 pages long it takes hours.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mark Henry Mark Henry is offline

You can do things this way, but when working with mirror margins in a
landscape section that is to be bound portrait, the "Inner" is the top (as
viewed on screen) correct for odd pages, incorrect for even pages. Secondly,
if the table is facing the binding it needs to be aligned left or right
depending on which page it appears on.

Our workaround for landscape tables over multiple pages that are bound
portrait is:
1. For odd pages: create a section break, redo margins, stop header being
same as previous and delete, add a text box on left and align so it appears
in correct position.

2. Repeat for even pages with textbox on right.

3. Work out how many pages the table is going to fall over, with page
breaks, and create a new table for each page.

4. Realign each table left or right as appropriate.

Having tables that can appear in landscape on a portrait page would be
fantastic, and I expect very useful for anyone displaying spreadsheets as
part of a portrait publication such as an Annual Report or a range of other
reports.

wrote:
[...]

How do I rotate an entire document to print 90 degrees sideways? kev_120 Page Layout 3 April 30th 23 02:51 AM
When joining tables, table sections shift left or right. JEB01 Tables 1 January 17th 05 08:57 PM
Rotate entire table mr magnolia Tables 1 December 9th 04 06:16 PM
Is there a way to "join" tables in Word 2003? Julian Turner Tables 3 October 28th 04 06:51 PM