Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandi B Sandi B is offline

Default numbering sub heading to include chapter number

This sounded like an easy request, but I am having a brain fade.

Can you add a "prefix" to a numbering format? I need to include the chapter
number to end up with the sub-headings numbered as such: 18.1, 18.2, 18.3
etc. The subheading are already tagged with a style sheet.

As always, I certainly appreciate your help!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You can do it manually by clicking Customize on the Bullets and Numbering
dialog and adding anything you like to the Number format box; or you can set
up an outline numbering scheme with the chapter heading as level 1 and the
sub-heading as level 2.

"Sandi B" wrote in message
This sounded like an easy request, but I am having a brain fade.

Can you add a "prefix" to a numbering format? I need to include the
chapter
number to end up with the sub-headings numbered as such: 18.1, 18.2, 18.3
etc. The subheading are already tagged with a style sheet.

As always, I certainly appreciate your help!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must use an outline numbering scheme in which Level 2 includes the Level
1 numbering. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html