Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
User

Default different page margin on different pages

Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B for 2nd
and subsequent pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day User,

Use a section break instead of a page break at the bottom
of Page 1 - You can set different margins (among other things)
for different sections.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"User" wrote in message
Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B for 2nd
and subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
User

I went to the bottom of the page and did a Next Page section break. Once
done, I get the same footer as my 1st page (however I already have set the
footer to be different than the 1st page).

But if I just continously press enter to move to 2nd page (without setting a
page section break), i will not see the footer on the 2nd page (which is what
I want).

Any clues?

"User" wrote in message
Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B for 2nd
and subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, see the "More complex letterhead" section of
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"User" wrote in message
Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B for

2nd
and subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes, but if we are talking a letterhead, you probably don't want to since a
section break will involve figuring out which section to type in. Instead
use a textbox or frame to simulate this. See the letterhead textboxes
tutorial listed below. First, take a look at: How to set up letterhead or
some other document where you want one header on the first page and a
different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

See also the MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs which is awesome!

My criminal law site: http://addbalance.com
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"User" wrote in message
Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B for
2nd
and subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day User,

Use the Section Break (Next Page)!

ViewHeader & Footer
On page 2 decide whether you want "Same as Previous" for the
footer, or remove this and type in a new footer for pp2 onwards
(i.e. for section 2).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"User" wrote in message
Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B for
2nd
and subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Read the post again. The OP wants to be able to type continuously from page
1 to page 2, which is not possible with a section break. The correct answer
is explained at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"User" wrote in message
Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B

for
2nd
and subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

Hi Suzanne,

The OP wants:
1. A different margin on pp2 onward.
2. A different footer on pp2 onward.

He originally set up (2) (Diff 1st Page Hdr) without a section break.
Now he has a section break that gives him (1), but has lost him (2)
since his footer has 'Same as Previous' (that he must now remove).
=============
I went to the bottom of the page and did a Next Page section break. Once
done, I get the same footer as my 1st page

He points out that he loses (2) with the section break that gives him (1) (which
WE understand - but HE doesn't).

But if I just continously (sic) press enter to move to 2nd page (without
setting
a page section break), i will not see the footer on the 2nd page (which is
what
I want).

He points out that he gets (2) by continuous typing ('cos that's how he set it
up).
===============
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"User" wrote in message
Is it possible to have page margin A for 1st page, and page margin B

for
2nd
and subsequent pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day (again) User,

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q159678/
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"User" wrote in message
I did a section break (next page) and I'm getting page 2 of 1, page 3 of 1 etc

If I do a Continuous section break, i get the same thing Page 2 will be
"Page 2 of 1" etc etc).

Word 97 here. Is this a bug in this version?

page setup SP Page Layout 6 November 14th 05 08:08 PM
how to print two pages in a sheet and change each page order Grandi Page Layout 1 May 19th 05 09:03 PM
Printing pages with roman page numbers and in different sections? bandy2000 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 12th 05 01:28 AM
section breaks change each time opening document Dave Microsoft Word Help 6 March 21st 05 12:01 PM
Worrd2003: Header/Footer Odd/Even Pages Page Numbering Section Br Reenie Page Layout 1 January 7th 05 04:15 PM