Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelley

Default sberet.msi

Hi,

I am trying to update office sp3 security patch with zip success!

Microsoft update initializes, downloads then stops abruptly asking for
sberet.msi which they are assuming I have on CD. Since my computer came
preinstalled, and I was told,"NO, you will not need the CD's", I am now
officially unable to download this silly file. Why is this file not
available for those who have installed systems? Or is it?

My system 6 years old, and running WindowsXP Office.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You should have insisted on the CD! If the computer supplier installed all
of office on your PC, the install files will be in a folder. Have you
searched your hard drive for this file? When you locate it, point the
installer to it.